In 2020, The Demand For Containerized Cold Storage Room Transportation Will Grow Strongly
In 2020, The Demand For Containerized Cold Storage Room Transportation Will Grow Strongly
Marine transportation is the main mode of transportation in international trade, more than two-thirds of the total volume of international trade. Most of the import and export goods in China are transported by marine transportation. The advantages of ocean transportation are large volume, low cost and wide access to the waterway.
At the same time, the domestic container refrigerated room shipping also bears the heavy responsibility of domestic north-south transportation. The development of refrigerated cold chain logistics in China is relatively slow. With the increasing demand of people, the requirements of cold chain logistics are also higher and higher. At present, cold chain transportation is very hot, and the operation of the container refrigeration room is the concern of many friends in the industry. Small edition sorted out some common sense of the containerized cold storage room and booking precautions, I hope to help everyone's business!
The refrigerated container is a special container specially designed for the transportation of fish, meat, fresh fruits, vegetables, and other foods. Because of the particularity of loading goods, special attention should be paid to the time nodes in the business links such as booking and towing.
A sealed container for transporting fresh fish, fresh meat, frozen food, fruits, vegetables, films, medicines and other goods that need to be kept at a certain temperature. There are two kinds of containers: refrigerated containers and insulated containers.
(1) The front end of the refrigerated container is generally provided with an internal refrigerating device. When the chiller is working, the cold air is blown out from the ventilation pipe at the back end of the box, through the gap between the convex strips on the box wall and the ventilation guide rail at the bottom of the box, through the cold air suction port on the front wall, back to the chiller for recycling. In order to improve the cooling effect, insulation materials are laid on the wall, top, and bottom of the whole refrigerated container. The working temperature of the refrigerated container is between - 28 ℃ and + 26 ℃, which can be adjusted automatically according to the demand of the goods.
(2) Insulated containers are mainly used for loading fresh fruits and vegetables. Generally, dry ice and other refrigerants are used to prevent excessive temperature rise in the box, and the general holding time is about 72 hours. There are sufficient heat-resistant structures around the box and up and down.
Cabinet making time:
Because the freezer needs precooling and testing, it is necessary to arrange the trailer in advance to ensure enough time for booking / PTI / precooling / arrival at the factory; meanwhile, it is also necessary to consider the free stacking period of the wharf, and the return time should not exceed the free stacking period. If the parking place is far away, the appropriate time adjustment should be made.
A. PTI (freezer detection): it usually takes 4 to 8 hours for the shipping company to do PTI.
B. Pre-cool: it usually takes 8 to 12 hours for the shipping company to do it.
C. Layup free period: generally, the layup free period of shipping companies is 3 days (including the first 3 days of customs clearance day, but some shipping companies are calculated based on a sailing day), so it must be confirmed with the shipping company before booking.
D. Container free: the container free period of general shipping companies is 3 days. (the free lease period of special LYKES is 2 days)
CWI: Cargo worthy inspection
Make sure there is enough time for loading, boarding, and emergency response.
A. For loading in the customer's cold storage, it is necessary to arrange a booking and towing 1-2 days in advance.
B、 If customers load goods in different warehouses, two to three days should be reserved.
Handling of special circumstances: in case of impact of emergencies (such as slow loading) in the afternoon of the closing day and failure to gather at the port on time, it is necessary to immediately apply to the shipping company for the delay of container collection time and confirm the exact time of departure with the shipping company. If the ship will sail in the afternoon or evening of the next day, it is very hopeful to apply to the shipping company to extend the time for the collection and release of the line to the noon or afternoon of the next day (because the shipping company will generally find a way to let the freezer board the ship as much as possible).
Name and gross weight of goods:
A. If the customer can't provide the exact product name under special circumstances, at least the product category, such as fruit, vegetables, seafood, beef balls, fish balls, silkworm chrysalis and so on, must be provided.
B. The shipping company needs to provide the gross weight of the cargo when booking space because some ports have limited weight requirements.
Temperature and ventilation:
(1) The adjustable temperature range of the containerized cold storage room is generally between negative 21 ℃ and positive 18 ℃
(2)The adjustable ventilation range of the container refrigerator is about 0 CBM/HOUR~~240CBM/HOUR.
(3) In order to ensure the safe storage and transportation of the containerized cold storage room, the temperature, ventilation and pre-cooling requirements shall be carefully confirmed when ordering the warehouse. In general, no ventilation is needed for frozen goods (below 0 ° C), only for refrigerated fresh goods (fruits and vegetables above 0 ° C).
Trailer transportation confirmation
In the peak season, you should book a car with the team 3 days before the counter is made, so as to avoid the situation of no car to be dispatched as far as possible.
Containerized cold storage room booking
Fill in the booking form and send it to the shipowner according to the requirements of the shipowner. Please note the following contents:
1) Date of shipment/port of departure/port of destination
2) Ventilation / temperature / CWI or not
3) Whether pre-cooling / lifting time is required
4) Special requirements for refrigerated containers (defrosting or not)
5) Cabinet type / quantity / goods
Confirmation of reservation of container refrigeration room
Inform the customer that the booking and trailer have been arranged, including:
1. Booking information: ship date / container type
2. Trailer information: confirm the cabinet making time/trailer and driver information (or later)
Refrigerated container making cabinet
1. Inform the driver to refrigerate the freezer in the whole process of transportation. If the on-board generator fails to refrigerate the freezer normally during transportation, ask the team to inform immediately and ask the team to take remedial measures immediately (such as repairing the generator, changing the car, etc.).
2. Pay attention to the loading dynamics at any time: whether to arrive on time and the loading progress.
Containerized cold storage room loading
In case of the impact of emergencies (such as slow loading) on the afternoon of the closing day and failure to gather at the port on time, it is necessary to immediately apply to the shipping company for the delay of container collection time and confirm the exact time of departure with the shipping company. If the ship will sail in the afternoon or evening of the next day, it is very hopeful to apply to the shipping company to extend the time for the collection and release of the line to the noon or afternoon of the next day (because the shipping company will generally find a way to let the freezer board the ship as much as possible).
B / L, bill of lading confirmation and delivery
Precautions at this stage:
1. Due to the large risk of frozen containers, it is generally recommended that the customer issue the shipping order, which can also reduce the risk borne by the freight forwarding company.
2. When approaching the ocean route, it is recommended that the customer use the delivery form of ship single electric discharge. Because the storage free period of frozen containers in the port of destination is relatively short (the storage free period is 1-3 days), the shipowner's electric discharge is adopted to facilitate the consignee to handle the procedures of container withdrawal smoothly and quickly in the port of destination.
3. In general, the information related to the delivery shall be transmitted to the agent at least one day before the arrival of the goods on the near ocean route; the information related to the delivery shall be transmitted to the agent three days before the arrival of the goods on the far ocean route.
Brief introduction of the freezer
Compared with ordinary boxes, the freezer has some special equipment besides the thermal insulation layer (commonly known as foam layer) wrapped inside the box.
In order to facilitate your daily use, here we mark the key parts of the container refrigeration room for your reference.
Unit display panel
Refrigeration lamp: when the refrigeration compressor is on, the lamp is on
Heating lamp: when the unit is in heating or defrosting mode, the lamp is on to indicate the working state of the heater.
Defrost lamp: it is on when the unit is in defrost mode
Range lamp: when the control temperature sensor is within the allowable error range of the specified setpoint, the lamp is on.
Air out lamp: the lamp is on when the air out temperature sensor is used for control. When this indicator is on, the temperature displayed in the air temperature display is the reading of the return air temperature sensor. If the dehumidification or humidification function is activated, this indicator will flash.
Return air lamp: the lamp is on when the return air temperature sensor is used for control. When this light is on, the temperature displayed in the air temperature display is the reading of the return air temperature sensor. This indicator will flash if dehumidification or humidification is activated.
Alarm: this light is on when there is a valid or invalid shutdown alarm in the alarming array.
(with reference to common equipment in Chinese and English)
CONTROL BOX --控制箱
COMPRESSOR -- 压缩机
FRESH AIR ACCESS PANELS --通风盖板
EVAPORATOR FAN PANELS --蒸发器马达盖板
Motor, Condenser Fan-- 冷凝器风机马达
Summary of common problems in the use of container refrigeration room:
First, on the import side. As required by the Commodity Inspection Bureau, when you import fruit, you need to provide the cold treatment record of the goods.
Secondly, for the export, I also sorted out some common problems in daily use of containers for your reference:
1. Please load the goods reasonably. If you load too many goods into the container, the maximum load height should not exceed the red load line of the container. Otherwise, it will affect the cold air circulation inside the freezer, cause the wind circulation is not smooth, and cause the insulation effect of the freezer to become poor or even invalid.
When loading in the refrigerated container, the goods must be placed at the edge of the T-shaped floor. This ensures uniform airflow throughout the container. If the cargo is not enough to fill the T-shaped floor, it is recommended to fill the space with filler or pad. This method can also be used to fill the gap in the middle plate between pallets. Follow these guidelines to ensure that the air in the freezer container circulates around the merchandise as you want, rather than around the full container. (picture attached for reference)
Loading diagram - top view
Example of incorrect container freezer packing
Side view of correctly packed containerized cold storage room
2. The temperature of the goods shall be consistent with the set temperature to avoid damage to the goods due to hot loading.
3. Please do not start the freezer equipment when opening the door. For example, when the door is open, it is easy to condense the moisture in the air on the condenser coil, which will cause severe frost on the condenser coil, resulting in the phenomenon of no refrigeration in the freezer.
4. If you send the box to the factory for loading, please ensure the quality of the socket used and the stability of the voltage, so as to avoid the damage of the relevant parts of the container caused by the instability of the voltage or the irregularity of the socket.
5. The goods need to be cooled in advance before transportation and then loaded into the container. To achieve the best temperature level, this will reduce the impact of external temperature on the product during transportation. To maximize the shelf life of the goods.
6. The goods used for packing goods shall be moisture-proof.